Job Role: Community Support Worker
Hours: Part Time Opportunities
Pay Rate: £9.58- £9.86
Location: Home & Community Support, Brighton, BN41 and surrounding areas
Why Frances Taylor Foundation?
Everyone has their own reason for choosing the Frances Taylor Foundation. It could be the difference we make to the lives of those living with Learning Disabilities. It could be, that we are a diverse, modern, and dynamic provider of social care support, although rooted in the long history of an international Catholic Congregation. Or, it could be, that we hold the Silver Award in Investors in people as a result of our continuous support, training and improvement into our workforce. Whatever your reason for choosing the Frances Taylor Foundation, we know you’ll love working with us!
“Seeing people laugh and smile because of something you’ve done is a brilliant feeling – knowing you’ve made a real difference to someone’s life” – current employee
We offer our employees a wide range of benefits from:
• 28 days holiday including Bank Holidays
• Comprehensive Company Sick Pay scheme
• Training and Development
• Peoples Pension
• Free beverages whilst on duty
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Willingness to work flexibly to meet the needs of those who use the service
• Good verbal and written skills.
• Ability to work with confidence and own initiative
• An understanding of the person centred approach and a commitment to the care, support and valuing of the individuals who use our service
• A positive attitude.
• Willingness to lone working.
Our great training, development and support means that we don’t require you to have any professional experience as we will provide you with all the skills you will need. Ideally if you do have experience working with individuals who have learning disabilities or mental health issue's will be beneficial.
What we do ask for, is that you share our vision that everyone should live life to the full, with their dignity respected, their independence supported, and uniqueness valued.
About the role:
Being a Support Worker, you will:
• Willingness to Supporting a range of individuals on a daily basis.
• Travelling through locations to support more than individuals.
• Ability to support people to live independently, and provide person centred care.
• To provide companionship and emotional support to individuals.
About the service:
Home and Community Support offers person-centred care services, through which we enable individuals throughout the Brighton and Hove city area to comfortably enjoy life in their own homes, and to access the community – and all its opportunities - safely. We strive to provide a high-quality service. Through our friendly approach, well-trained staff and forward-thinking philosophies, we regularly achieve high satisfaction ratings from the people we support.
We celebrate difference, and we work for, and employ, people of any, or no faith. If you’re ready to start your career with the Frances Taylor Foundation, apply now!
Frances Taylor Foundation is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion / belief, sexual orientation or age.
Apply online today or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our recruitment team on 0121 713 8335 for more information.
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.
A fully enhanced DBS will be required for successful candidates